Friday, April 15, 2011

My personal "Big 3" for Trade Show Success

I love things boiled down to 3 simple points. I guess I'm just a simple kind of person, but things grouped into 3's have a special power for me.

So, here's my personal "Big 3" thoughts that I think lead to trade show success.

  1. Size up your opportunity. Many exhibitors simply don't know what to expect when they exhibit at a trade show. Often times, they don't know if they have the right size exhibit. They don't know how many qualified prospects will be there who are interested in their message. They don't know whether they should invest more money or less money in a given show. To achieve the optimal ROI you must must be sure you making the appropriate level of "I". Don't overspend or underspend.
  2. Focus on your target. You likely will not need to see everybody who comes to the show. Focus your efforts and resources on those that are likely to become (or already are) your customers. Make sure your pre-show efforts are properly targeted, and your booth graphics speak strongly to the needs of this particular group. "FREE BEER" will definitely attract a crowd, but you will still have to focus on your target to find your prospects.
  3. Make your leads count. Be sure that once you engage one of these targets, you are prepared to capture exactly the information you need to move the relationship forward. 75% of all trade show leads are never followed up, and those that are, are done with the personal touch of a "form letter" from the DMV.
I don't care how much money you spend on other parts of your show campaign, if you fail to get these three things right, your ROI will not be what it could be.

TSB

No comments:

Post a Comment