Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dynamic Demos: Terrific, But Will It Fit Thru My Door?

As I've said, I love a good demo. but, I also love a really bad demo. Well, I've got examples of both today.

First here's my really bad demo. It comes courtesy of a link from my ESPN SportsCenter rundown email - of all places. Here's the link, but I think the picture really speaks for itself.


As for the "good demo", it comes from the same National Restaurant Show as the Dissolve-A-Way Derby mentioned in another post.

This time, the exhibitor's products are display case refrigerators, like those seen at your typical deli or butcher shop. Here's a photo of their demonstration.


The exhibitor's refrigerated case is the brown colored one. Their competitor's case is the white one.

I love demonstrations like these that require no explanation. (For the Lawyers & Accountants out there who might be reading this -- the brown one fits through a standard doorway, the white one is too big to fit through). You immediately "get it". That's the power of a good demonstration, and it comes from a thorough and clear understanding of ...
  • Your own key benefits
  • Your position relative to your competitor
  • The factors that are important to your target audience (in this "case" - no pun intended - mom & pop operators whose properties do not have double-wide doors)
  • The ability to translate your story into a visual demo
Pulling these factors together will help you squeeze through openings your competition can't.

TSB
1-888-9-ASK-TSB

Bob's Best Bites
My choice today is pizza, Chicago-style. Because there are so many great places to choose from, this might get contentious, but my favorite is based mainly on location. Namely, its proximity to McCormick Place. Connie's Pizza at 2373 S. Archer Avenue is a stone's throw away from McCormick, and the pizza is every bit as good as Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, Gino's East, Uno, Due, or any number of other terrific deep dish pizza joints around the city and burbs. (If you have a favorite, please post it in the comments section).

The difference here is that I've been here several times with my co-horts in crime (you know who you are) are shared many a belly laugh over the frustrations and silliness that usually accompany the set-up and dismantle process of a large trade show exhibit.

We always get a pizza with italian sausage (there may be other stuff in there too, but the sausage is IT!) and spend our time waiting for the pizza telling old war stories (which might be the best part of the whole experience). Next time I'm there, I'll tweet it, and anybody in the area is welcome to come join us.

TSB
1-888-9-ASK-TSB


No comments:

Post a Comment